Pages

30.10.10

October

I just noticed I've only posted ONCE this month.

In the two years I've been blogging I believe this is the least blogging I've ever done. With this knowledge, I decided I couldn't let the month end without at least one more post. Below are some pictures of items I've been working on this month.

First there are the "Manly Socks" I made for a birthday present.



This pattern is by Hannah Six and I absolutely LOVE it. It's simple and knits up faster than it might seem at times. What I like most about it is that it truly is "manly," but not boring. For me this translates into a pattern that holds your interest, but won't make the recipient feel any less than a "manly" man. This is my second time making this pattern. The first time was for the Husband Socks (which I FINALLY took a picture of!).



The one thing I will say about this pattern is that it calls for a 9" leg. I followed that instruction on the Husband Socks, but cut it down significantly on the Brotherly Love Socks for two reasons - 1) I felt it was unnecessary; and 2) There wasn't enough yarn for that long of a leg. ***Hopefully*** that won't be an issue.

The next thing I've been working on this month are fingerless gloves, but not for me. They are in fact ANOTHER gift. (Do you see a theme happening here folks?!)



The pattern for these gloves is called "Mens Fingerless Gloves." (Another theme - It seems to be all about men these days.) I'm currently working on the fingers of the second glove. This is the first pair of fingerless gloves (and with individual fingers nonetheless) and after working on these for a short period of time I have to say I don't know why I was so scared about attempted this type of project. Fingerless gloves are super easy to make. Honestly, making them with the individual fingers is a hoot. With every finger I make I get a thrill that is similar to turning the heel of a sock. (Yes, the little things in life these day truly excite me!)

Lastly, there are the "Doll Socks."



Originally I called this project "Princess Socks." (Ok, so this one isn't about a man.) I changed the name because I kept gushing on and on about how these socks look like they are made for a doll. Though they aren't called "Princess Socks" officially, they are for a the little princess in my life - My younger niece. I finished these socks since I took the picture, but haven't take a new one yet. That said, I am worried about the size of them. I decided to make the foot longer to accommodate a growing girl's foot, but I'm thinking I may have to rip back and take some length off it. Since they are for Hanukkah I have some time to deliberate on this matter.

Oh! There is one more thing!!!



Only 28 more squares and I will be FINISHED! Something would have to be very wrong for me not to finish this by my birthday.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share