Pages

29.1.11

Taking The Bump

A good friend of mine took her kids sledding the other day. When she told me about her plans the day prior I asked if I could tag along. I want to take pictures of the outing. A lot of pictures I've been taking have been of inanimate objects or different sites around town. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but periodically it's nice to shoot live action as well.

It was a fun outing. Especially since there was this bump in one area of the hill that gave them some flight during the ride down. As they were wrapping things up, I was asked if I wanted to make a run or two. I figured why not.

I'll admit I was a bit nervous as the only sledding I've ever done was many, many, many moons ago. It sounds funny to say, especially since I've jumped out of a plane, but I was a little nervous. The first run I made was purposely in the area I knew was flat. I wanted to get acclimated before I took on the infamous bump. That didn't take long - one run to be exact. I have to say, after my first encounter with the bump I understood why the kids loved it so much. (Even despite the fact that snow gets kicked-up in your face during the process.)

I'm thankful my friend let me to tag along - and that I was able to do a little sledding myself. It was nice to be a kid again . . . even if it was just for a brief moment.

As for the pictures I took - they were cute. Really cute. However, there is one shot that really sums-up the outing...

This is how you take the bump!



Until later . . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like fun. I haven't been sledding in ages. When I went on campouts from Indian Princesses, we used to ride down snowy hills in big rubber inner-tubes. That was a blast!

Bookmark and Share