Pages

12.9.10

Going Mad

As I completed the first of the May Sock Knitters Anonymous socks I knew I was going to be taking a break from them.

First and foremost, they were driving me mad - if you couldn't tell by my posts. However, I also knew I had a pair of socks to make for a family member with a upcoming birthday (more on that in a future post), a sock knit along with a friend and that the third installment of the Purple Sheep Sock Club was on the horizon as well. Today is about the Purple Sheep Club . . .

The third installment of the Purple Sheep Club is the pattern "Mad Colorweave" by Tina Lorn. In Rav, they are on my project page as my "Going Mad Socks." I really love this pattern. Despite the fact that the cuff is a little strange and a tad slow-going at first (thankfully I wasn't the only one who had some problems with it) the main repeat pattern itself is super easy and has a great effect.


The yarn we're using Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply sock yarn (and it is quite Yummy!) in the colorway of Frog Princess. (Yes! That's right folks . . . Miss Babs named a colorway after yours truly. : P)

Here's my socks as of this morning . . .



As of this post, I'd say I'm about halfway through this pair of sock (or, at least I think I'm halfway through. I'm still trying to figure out what is deemed "halfway" when making two socks at one time)

Overall, I'm loving what I see. I'm looking forward to the finished product!

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share