Pages

6.9.10

Small Victory

Today marks the end of my Summer Sock Challenge. In the beginning I dared to dream that I could make 16 pairs of socks in three months. However, the end result is not what I had set out to accomplished. That said, the summer wasn't quite what I imagined either, but I really shouldn't be surprised I guess since I can pretty much say that for some parts of 2010 (but I'll save comments on that for a later, more appropriate time).

Overall, I only made 4 pairs of socks this summer and this . . .




Yep, that's right! The left sock of the Cookie A. Sock Knitters Anonymous May Mystery Sock. Started in early August, it was finished this past Thursday. One sock; one month. And let me tell you . . . I have NEVER been so thrilled just to finish one sock. It has taught me to appreciate small victories.

Due to other projects that need attention, the right sock will need to be completed at a later time. I have the Purple Sheep Sock Club - Kit #3 to start and a birthday gift for later this month and a Dish Rag Tag box is en route to me (and those are just the top three projects on my list at this moment.

With all that said, I hope everyone has had a fantastic - and safe - Labor Day!

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share