Pages

12.5.09

Small Objects

I've been doing more knitting than I have blogging, and even that isn't as much as I usually do.

I've become a bit of a follower. . . I've decided to make the Sock Yarn Blanket. Since knitting is a creative adventure (thank KP for the saying), maybe I'll make it a scarf instead - I haven't decided yet. All I know is that I have knit three squares so far and I have a bunch of leftover yarn that will be used for more squares.



As much as I like the idea of the Sock Yarn Blanket what has kept me from doing it is taking the time to decipher the pattern for the mitered square from the blog it comes from. No offense to the designer, but it would have been nice if it was a little more straight forward. It was actually a friend of mine who told me what the pattern was for the square and will be showing me how to put it all together. The original Sock Yarn Blanket is 716 squares. Obviously, it would take a long time for one to make that many pairs of socks AND squares so if you plan to attempt this project yarn donations are a must!

Next on the list of things that are small . . .



This is the Wee Tiny Sock that got sent to my swap partner. It's made of the Lorna's Laces DK Swirl in the colorway of Circus.


Then there is. . .




This was my first attempt at i-cords. I believe it went ok, but some of the yarn got frayed a bit and I wasn't 100% pleased with the results. Not to fear, I'm sure there are a lot more i-cords in my future. :D

Clearly, knitting two wee tiny socks wasn't enough because there is also. . .




I obviously had knee high socks on my mind when I made the last two. Both had intended recipients and they both LOVED their tiny sock.

I'm knitting small objects now for various reasons. One thing I attribute this to is the other things I have going on in my life that prevent me from knitting larger projects. Smaller objects are completed in a shorter amount of time which means a sense of some sort of accomplishment. Also, I still have M's socks to redo and I can't move forward with those until I see M and actually give them to her to try on so she can tell me which one fits best. Though I know I can easily start something new and put it aside to work on M's socks again, my knitting monogamy prevents me from doing that. Also, getting my place in order has taken top priority. My goal to have everything unpack and decorated in just a matter of weeks is seems doable at the moment. I can't imagine not meeting the deadline. I even put a new twist on some old furniture which I thought was cool -- I guess decorating is a creative adventure as well! Oh, and as far as my hammer is concern - I found it! Now I just need to get a drill. :P


Well, it's time to run for now. I'll leave with a quote I liked from Grey's Anatomy this past week:

"When you love someone – love is love. Doesn’t matter that you’re not suppose to be together.”

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share