Pages

30.5.09

Twelve Hours Later and I'm Just Taking A Shower

Apparently the sound of my phone vibrating has a greater effect on my ability to wake up in the wee hours of the morning versus the piercing noise of my alarm.

The plan was to get up around 3:15/3:30AM and get to my first stop by 4:45AM at the latest. This allowed me ample time to sneak in a few extra minutes of post alarm sleep, get showered and all put together. However, in reality what woke me up was a phone call from my friend at 4:30AM asking where I was. OH SHIT!!! That's when I decided that no one at our intended destination would mind that I wasn't even showered. And if they did - well, that was their problem.

So what got me up at that crazy-ass hour? A sale that was taking place from 6 - 7AM. I insisted that we get there early because I wanted to get a good space in line. My friend thought I was silly to think there would be a line. Guess what . . . there was a line by the time we got there after 5AM. It wasn't a long one, but it started to grow not too long after we had acquired our respective caffeine beverages. Of course I had to take a picture of those that had come before us . . .



As the 6AM hour drew near, more came to join the fun. About 10 minutes to 6AM the owner of the shop came out and gave us shopping bags and a pink post-it note. The coveted pink post-it was our ticket to the greatest discount possible should we checkout past the 7AM hour. I was so loopy from my minimal sleep that I had one of my friends that joined us take this picture:



We were trying to decide how much said post-it would be worth if we tried selling on the second-hand market to those just joining the fun after 7AM, but finally agreed it wouldn't be a profitable venture.

As for the sale - It was MADNESS. It was the second time in my lifetime I've ever felt so claustrophobic I was ready to pass out. (The first time being the NYC subway on a Saturday evening.) Unfortunately, I had specific items to be purchased and I was sure the store owner would not be too keen on me leaving without paying for my items.

The rest of the day was spent taking care of some necessary business and having fun (you can't forget to do that).

So, here it is . . . twelve hours later and I am finally ready to face the world. Or, at least those other than my friends who accept me openly - shower or no shower.

Until later . . .

2 comments:

CTJen said...

That sounds like a really fun sale!

Melissa said...

what was the sale for? and this reminds me of black friday madness. :) i'm glad you had fun though!

Bookmark and Share