Pages

2.10.11

Mr. Perfect

I didn't give him the nickname "Mr. Perfect."

It was someone else who did it. Apparently, I had spent enough time discussing how "perfect" this acquittance of mine was that she felt the title fit him well. As I drove home that day from Southern Belle's house all I could think about was why I was so hung-up on Mr. Perfect.

This week for the Thursday blog project, Susanna asked us to talk about who we are jealous of, and why.

First and foremost, I don't like to get jealous of others. I feel it's not productive or worth the energy to be jealous of others. However, I believe it's normal to be jealous or envious of others from time-to-time.

I don't like picking on one individual in particular. Especially someone who is such a nice individual. The reason I mentioned Mr. Perfect doesn't have anything to do with be necessarily being jealous or envious of him, it has to do with the idea that I envy those that seem to be perfect and/or seem to have things come to them with out much struggle or effort. Mr. Perfect just happens to embody the elements of what I perceive to be perfect.

I realize that no one is perfect. I also realize that every set of circumstance we are handed in life comes with its own set of issue - the grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?! I just think it's sometimes difficult to remember that when you are in the thick of your seemly uber imperfect world. Or, when you see someone accomplish something you can't or pick something up with no effort at all while you need to take much longer to accomplish the same thing.

Now that I've talked about jealousy, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers had to say about the same topic:


Mom of Many (Susanna)

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share