Pages

23.12.08

The Great Virtual Cookie Swap '08

I LOVE to bake.

However, I do not bake as much as I would like to because I also love to eat what I bake - that is when baking becomes dangerous!

When I saw Emily's (aka Yarn Miracle Goddess) post about The Great Virtual Cookie Swap '08 I was all about participating. I cannot tell you the number of times I've glanced over at my KitchenAid stand mixer and considered all the things I could be using it for.

I considered several recipes, but at the end of the day I only chose one (time was running out and making multiple treats was not an option). The recipe that made the cut - Tyler Florence's Chocolate Covered Snow Peak Cookies. Or, at least it was the base for my cookies. As I read over the ingredients and instructions I decided minor alterations were necessary.

Instead of using dark chocolate chips I used Andes Mint Baking Chips. Also, since I love chocolates so much I ignored Tyler's instructions to just place chocolate at the base of the cookies. My cookies sport a chocolate coating all over. The last alteration I made was ignored Tyler's instructions to "pipe 24 bite-sized 'kiss'-shaped meringues." Don't get me wrong, I almost got my pastry bags and tips out however I decided to make free-form dollops in various sizes was the way to go. I figured that way those that wanted a small taste had a bite size treat, whiles those that wanted more could fill their appetite without feeling like they were a pig because they kept coming back for more.

The result . . .

Andes  Meringue Cookies

Might I say they Y-U-M-M-Y!!!

Since every product should go through quality control, I sought out a taste tester. It could not be just anyone. It had to be someone who I knew would not sugar coat (no pun intended) the truth . . . and I knew just the right person! I was happy to find my cookies passed the test.

Now all that is left is finding a worthy group to share them with.

Being the shutterbug that I am, I snapped a few shots while baking - The Great Virtual Cookie Swap '08

No comments:

Bookmark and Share