Pages

3.12.08

They're Taking Away My Girl Card


Who is "they" and why is my "girl card" being taken away you ask. . .

Well, it mainly has to do with a comment I made regarding my lack of interest in shoe shopping. Yes, you heard me right, Froggie has not been interested in shoe shopping over the past several months.

I really didn't think about it until recently when I started putting together what I was going to wear for a special occasion. I have the clothes chosen and I decided how my hair will be done, but had no shoes for said occasion. I happened to mention this to a friend of mine and made the comment that I really wasn't interested in shoe shopping. My friend suddenly uttered the words, "Your girl card should be taken away." I guess I was a little taken a back by the comment because it came from one of my guy friends - what the hell would he know about what the requirements for a "girl card" are!? So, I just blew off the comment (sorry, it's not personal!) However, then I got to thinking about what was said and I asked another guy friend of mine about the comment I made. He agreed for the most part with the initial assessment. He did say that taking away the card completely would be a bit extreme and that my comment at least warranted a "warning."

So, I consider myself warned.

..........................................

Even though I should be, I haven't had the time to knit lately which mean I have nothing knitting related to write about. Instead, I will end this entry with this fine video - enjoy!



Until later . . . Ciao!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i lost my girl card a long time ago if that's the case. i am terrible at shopping for shoes and have no patience for it at all! thus, i have very few shoes to wear for special occasions.

Bookmark and Share