Pages

30.11.08

Froggie v33.0


My dad use to tell me there are two things you can count on in life - death and taxes. I would like to propose a third thing - snow on my bday. I can list very few years that we have not got some degree of snow on November 30th. So when I walked outside this morning to find it snowing I began to chuckle as it was, in my mind, officially my bday.

......................................

Normally every year I pull out my birth certificate to find out what time I was born (for some reason I cannot seem to remember the exact time even though I've been doing this for years) so I can watch the clock turn to the exact time; this year I did not I did not think about doing this at all until I went to check the time so I could decide whether or not I wanted to leave where I was. I do not know if there is any significance to skipping this tradition, but I just found it of interest.

......................................

I learned a very important lesson this weekend that I would like to pass on to anyone and everyone I possibly can . . . Do not go clothes shopping after you've eaten! It has to be the WORST time to try clothes on.

......................................

A story about Words -

A friend of mine who is a teacher was telling me a cute story about a student of theirs who said they wished words did not exist. When asked why, the student went on to explain that if words did not existed than they would not have the assignment to write something. If they did not have that assignment than they would not be frustrated by having to find the right words for the assignment.

I guess the moral of all this is that finding the right words can be frustrating at any age.

.....................................

"Time Tested Beauty Tips" is a poem that was written by Sam Levenson for his grandchild and a favorite of Audrey Hepburn. I am not going to post the whole poem in this segment of my blog - here's a link to it (Time Tested Beauty Tips). The portion I am going quote basically describes my mindset on beauty. I am posting this because one of my friends and I have had several conversations lately about this very topic (what makes a woman beautiful) and I feel these are the words that best describe where I am coming from with my opinion.

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides."


.....................................


I started making some hats for my great nephew. He is almost a year old and has out grown all his hats from last year (as one would expect). I know I talked about this back in October (or there abouts), but the drastic change in the weather here got me to realize that it's time to make them. No more procrastinating.

I am also in the process of finding a sock pattern I like for my mom's socks. After I find that all I will need is her foot measurements. Meanwhile, I am gearing up to make holiday gifts for my friends.

'Tis the season to be knitting.

On that note, I will be signing off. Until later . . . Ta! Ta!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share