Pages

7.4.09

BAM!

It was beshret (translated - Yiddish for "meant to be"). The way it all played out could not have been any more perfect. . as if it was scripted and the climax moment was like a huge wreck on the Kennedy expressway.

Yesterday afternoon, it was nearing the end of the day and it was apparent all my attempts to jump-start my body into waking up had been in vain. I even admitted to my boss that I couldn't seem to get properly caffeinated that day. So there I was, dragging myself around the office trying to get work accomplished and happy to see the end of the day was nearing. Then it happened. As I was walking out of my office and turned to the left to go to another office a coworker, who was in the office to the right of mine, was making their way out of the that office and turned right - at the same exact angle that has us perfectly setup to crashed into each other. And, YES, we crashed into each other. After the shock quickly wore off, I busted out laughing. Seriously folks! I couldn't stop laughing for several minutes. Everyone who witnessed the event asked me if I was ok, but all I could do was laugh. I had been feeling so craptastic all day long that this was "that" event that finally made some sort of impact in my day (for better or worse). When I finally got over my laughing spell and settled down a bit I went to see how my coworker was doing and apologize for crashing into them. They asked me how I was as well and if I was ok.

I have since mentioned to our facilities person (who was present to witness the event) that I'd like some sort of flashing yellow light outside my office that I can activate when I'm about to leave my office. They got a good laugh from the request, but something tells me I'm not going to be getting that anytime soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight I got some Passover grocery shopping accomplished. Thanks to mom for helping me with the list of "approved" foods to get through the week. I think I have a good start.
  • Salad
  • Fruit
  • Veggies
  • Yogurt
  • Oatmeal
  • Potatoes
  • Matzoh (it wouldn't be Passover without it!)
  • Eggs
  • Soup
Just to name a few things. Breakfast is always the hardest meal for me. Why wouldn't it be -- I usually have a bagel or cereal. Maybe I'll have to knit more over the next week to get my mind off not eating bread.

Actually, speaking of using knitting as a way to keep yourself occupied during bad times, this article was brought to my attention by a fellow knitter. It's about the death toll from the earthquake in Italy. The last paragraph on the first page is what we all found amazing... Italy Earthquake. Wow! That's all I can say about that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my moving preparation has been placed on hold for tonight and tomorrow as I get ready for Passover to begin. I may have found a floor lamp, but it's from Overstock.com and I'm a bit concerned about the return policy. I'm the queen of buying someone online and then when I get it deciding it's not what I wanted. So, when I do buy online I try to make sure return policies are as return friendly as possible.

I believe that is all for now. Trust me when I say there is so much more that is on my mind that I will eventually get too... especially "ghosts."

Until later. . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i already miss my special k. :P

Bookmark and Share