Pages

18.2.09

The Hole Puncher Always Wins

Each day seems to bring some interesting story. Today's adventure involves an argument I had with a hole puncher. The task was simple - get the three hole puncher. Piece o' cake! Well, kind of . . . In addition to getting the three hole puncher I also decided that I would get my department's mail which happened to be plentiful this particular day. So there I was with the three hole puncher, our mail and my bottle of water (oh, I forgot to mention - I thought it would be a good idea to take along my bottle of water knowing I was going to be carrying back with me an item, or two). I took no more than two steps out of the mail room when the bottom of the hole punch came off dumping a majority of the punched holes on the floor and me. (I have to admit I laughed when it happened and thinking back on the events I still laugh about it.) I calmly made my way back to the conference room I was going to be working in, set down the hole puncher and went over to my coworker's office to wipe the holes that were clinging to me off. I then explained to our facilities person what had happened and asked where I might find a vacuum. After a few minutes I was given the vacuum so I could clean up the reminder of my "tiff" with the hole puncher. Of course, today was the day I wore a dress to work and the only way to clean up the mess was to use the vacuum attachments and literally vacuum each hole up one-by-one. Oh, did I mention the vacuum attachment hose didn't reach that far so I had to bend down a bit without flashing those walking by!? This basically meant getting down on my knees and shuffling across the floor. However, I did it and I made sure EVERY last hole had been picked up off the floor. I even cleaned up a paper clip off the floor while I was in the process. While vacuuming I found myself wishing I had taken a picture of the mess. It would have been shot to have. Oh well!

As I mentioned I wore a dress today which actually matches the Karaoke Cable Scarf that is currently in hibernation. I can totally see wearing the scarf with this dress and even making a cute headband to match as well. However, I'm still working on my Britney socks. Well, in theory I am. As I mentioned before they are becoming somewhat a pain in the fanny and it's tempting just to give up, but I'm not going too. It may take a bit of time, but I will get these socks finished.


I think that's it for now. I've got an early morning ahead of me. . . Until later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The hole punch incident would totally happen to me.

Bookmark and Share