Pages

20.2.09

Seasonal Treats

The holidays and Valentine's Day might be over, but that doesn't mean there aren't more seasonal treats to be had. . .

After the first of the year Brownies and Girls Scouts all across this country take to the streets selling their coveted cookies. Yes, that's right!? Across this great land of ours we celebrate the beginning of the new year with the sale of Girl Scout cookies. Even Yelpers can be found on the message boards trying to find a place to order these tasty treats. Thankfully, this year I didn't have to look very far as one of my coworkers has a daughter who was selling them.

I have to admit, once I ordered this year's stash I kind of forgot about it. I wasn't constantly asking when they would arrive. However, when my boss mentioned that someone had Girl Scout cookies at their desk and then asked where they could get some I started to wonder when mine would arrive. And then all of the sudden. . . Ta Da!




My coworker had my boxes of cookies for me - Ah, yes! Life was back in harmony once again.

It doesn't surprise me how easily these cookies sell. Once upon a time, when I was a Brownie, all I had to do was have my mom take the order form to the shop where she got her hair done and the order form would fill up like the end of the world was coming. Actually, knowing how easily GS cookies sell, I always felt bad for the Boy Scouts whose fundraiser consisted of selling popcorn. Not as appealing. Sorry guys!

So, I've got my GS cookie fix for 2009, but the seasonal treats don't end there. . .



Yes people! Shamrock Shakes at McDonald's have returned. For as long as I can remember I have enjoyed these minty shakes. However, I don't enjoy them as much as one of my friends. This particular person I speak of enjoys them so much that they get a large Shamrock Shake once a day while they are available. Umm... I think my one small one will suffice and tide me through to the next year.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share