Pages

14.2.09

Naughty Knitting

"Wow... Someone under 60 who knits... Did not know that was legal."

That is my all time favorite reaction after telling someone I'm a knitter. Apparently I don't "look" like a knitter and I further break the mold once people get to know me . . . Or at least the traditional idea of the type of person a knitter is.

If you knew my knitting peeps you wouldn't believe they are knitters either. Some of the things we talk about at our weekly meetings are beyond what you would think "knitters" talk about. Yes, that's correct. There is "naughty talk" at some of our meeting and sometimes to the point that we surely peak the interest of those around us.

Yes, knitters talk naughty, but do they knit naughty too? Oh yes they do! I always knew there were knitting patterns for "naughty" items, but up until recently I never took a look at them... Ok, wait, I need to qualify that statement. Up until recently I never took a look at the patterns on Ravelry labeled "naughty." I did once check out Domiknitrix, by Jennifer Stafford, from the library. Not at all what I expected. At first glance I expect a book about kinky patterns to knit. That's what peaked my interest in the book. What I found was a lot of different patterns that are designed to show off ones body - not hide it. If memory serves me right, there are also bedtime attire patterns as well. Another pattern book that has caught my attention is Naughy Needles by Nikol Lohr. I haven't actually checked this book out yet, but the free patterns I've seen online are cute.

So, back to my amended statement . . . Up until recently I never took a look at the patterns on Ravelry labeled "naughty." With a simple click of the button I was taken to all the popular "naughty" patterns which comes out to 5 pages worth, about 60 or so, of patterns. However, then I realized it might be worthwhile to just do a key word search. After entering in the word naughty I was taken to 12 page worth, about 240 or so, of pattern. I was intrigued even more!

These patterns were everything from lingerie to knit adult novelty items. Some of the things I didn't even realize you could knit.

At the end of the day I guess my point to all this chatter about knitted lingerie - a.k.a bedtime attire - and adult novelty items comes down to the age old saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" . . . You never know what the text inside is really like unless you take a look.



Picture 1: Fuzzackles by Jodie Danenberg

Picture 2: Moulin Rouge Stockings by Kalinumba

Picture 3: Freckle Girl Thong by Carolyn Vincent

Picture 4: Mon Petit Chou by Kate Gilbert

No comments:

Bookmark and Share