Pages

3.4.11

Knitting Aspirations #2KCBWDay6 #2KCBW



Today's Topic: Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make bu can admire the result of those that have.

Two things come to mind when I look at this topic.

The first is sweaters. I bought yarn back in November 2009,-ish, to make a February Lady sweater, but got a bit stuck when I started to make it. After frogging the project a few times I gave up. The yarn now resides in my cedar chest. I look at it every once in awhile, but never take it out and begin a sweater project again. Part of the reason I haven't taken this on has to do with my experience with my first attempt at making the February Lady. The other has to do with working on other projects like the Sock Yarn Blankie. One day I will take on a sweater project once again - when is just a question.

The other project I aspire to make is a complex lace pattern. I haven't really done anything with lace in the past. It's a bit intimidating to me. I realized that it's all really a mix of knits and purls. If I had to speculate what make these types of projects intimidating, I'd say it has mostly to do with the charts and having to keep track of repeats, etc. I really just need to get over this and jump-in and just do it!

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share