Pages

4.5.10

May The Fourth Be With . . . Blankie

The Official Sock Yarn Blankie Square Count for May 4, 2010:

Squares Needed: 736



Squares Knit and Stitched Together: 636


Remaining Squares Needed: LOTS! In real numbers 100!!!


One week before blankie's first birthday I am so pleased to report that I have only 100 squares left before reaching the 736 squares I have agonized about all these month.

Actually, it's surreal to believe that this goal has almost been realized. As I've been getting closer I've actually been doing the unthinkable - using sock yarn from my own stash. (And that was after I made a pair of socks.)

A lot of people have asked me if I'm going to stop at 736 squares and honestly I don't know the answer to that. Though I feel it's at a good length I still feel it might need more length to it. Also, once I have settled on a length I need to consider what I plan do do about the border. Oh, then there is the matter of taking care of the ends that need to be weaved in. I have a plan for those, but I really haven't done much research about it because . . . well . . . I didn't think the time would really come that warranted thinking about it. Though a bit of a pain, I'm looking forward to having to make those decisions.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share