Pages

15.1.09

Another Lost Card

I no longer have any worries about losing my girl card. Not only have I "redeemed" myself, but I am now eligible for platinum membership.

Just as I attain this new level of girl status, I learn I am in jeopardy of losing my mid-west residency card (if it's not one thing it's another). This news was delivered to me the other day during a conversation I was having with someone about the extreme cold and snowy weather we are currently experiencing.

Apparently my "glass half full" approach to all these conditions is not acceptable mid-westerner behavior. I was informed that as a mid-westerner I'm expected to complain left and right about the snow and chill. I, however, can not bring myself to do so. My current mindset is simple at best - I live in the mid-west where winter weather conditions are expected from the months of November thru March (approximately).

I could complain about the 14 below temps, but it won't make it go away anytime soon - so I choose not too. Hopefully the powers that make the determination as to whether or not I qualify to be a mid-westerner will keep an open mind and consider my position on the matter.

In the meantime, these should help me stay somewhat warm whenever I am outside during this great chill. . . .



On that note, I will say farewell for now.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share