Pages

1.1.09

You Mean There Is Math Involved

The holidays have passed and a new year has started.

It's a cold, January evening and I spent most of my day indoors lounging around in my pjs. Yes, it was a pj's day and I loved every minute of it. I even finished the first sock for my mom, which I am happy to report turned out perfect!




I did have to venture out briefly, but seeing how dead things were just confirmed my desire to head back home.

Today was also the perfect day to start organizing all the yarn and misc. knitting items I got the other day. It helped me realize what I really did and did not have. This will help me as I choose projects.

As I sorted through everything I decided that I need to make something for my mom's coworker. It was very thoughtful of her to let me rummage through everything and furthermore take whatever I wanted. Also, this is not the first time this individual has helped me out and I think it's the perfect time to say thank you for all that she has done. So where all this is leading too? I am actually looking at creating a pattern of my own for an item this individual said would be ideal to have. I have to admit, the more I thought about her idea the more I would have to say it's a good one.

My only apprehension about this undertaking - the math that is involved. Yes people, I suck at math. I do not even pretend to be even somewhat good at math. No, the math gene, for the most part, does not exist in my family. There is only one family member of mine whom excels at math. They clearly got a recessive gene. What does math have to do with knitting? There is actually a lot of math involved in knitting. I've tried to avoid as much of it as I can - thus the whole sucking at math issue - however, I cannot get away from it totally. And now that I want to write my own pattern . . . it's staring me dead in the face taunting me. This should be a blast.

Well, it's late and work awaits me tomorrow so I guess I should get to sleep early this evening.

Happy Knitting, and New Year!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share