Pages

26.1.09

Due To The Economic Downturn, My Two Cents Is Now Worth A Penny

I have an opinion on a lot of things and in most situations I'm not shy about sharing that opinion. There has been no greater example of this than the past couple weeks. Anyone who has interacted with me can tell you I've been more than happy to provide my two cents on whatever topic they wish to discuss. It's not a bad thing necessarily, but what I find most humorous about all this is the way I've gone about providing these opinions and how my approach has changed. At first I was, for lack of a better way to phrase it, sugar-coating everything. Wordsmithing everything so it was easier to digest. Within the last week, I've just been telling it like I see it - no sugar involved. Either way I think is fine. I actually get a laugh here and there when the sugar-coating is taking place. I find it entertaining the way things are phrased sometimes. Maybe it's my PR background, who knows...


After a day of spreading my thoughts on anything and everything, I got home tonight and took a bunch of pictures of projects I've completed and one that is going to be frogged soon. So without further ado:






This is the Froggie-size "B" hat

AND



The Karaoke Cable Scarf that was suppose to go with it, but due to insufficient yardage will not be included with this year's gift to the STBT.

Last, but not least . . .



The full-size "B" hat for one of my coworker.

With all these hats completed I was just thinking how I'd love to get another pair of socks on needles. Then I received the following e-mail from my sock club:

"Below is the Delivery Confirmation number you need to determine the delivery status of your package."

WooHoo! I guess it's one of those ask and you shall receive kind of things. (Now if I can only make this work with the lottery) Now I have two packages on the way to my doorstep. My BFF was nice enough to send me a care package that was apparently in route to me for close to 10 days before they realized it had been misrouted. Now the official word on that package is, "Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Now I guess it's just a race to see which one gets here first... Will it be the yarn or the care package? I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share