Pages

22.1.09

Meeting Coordination Is My Cardio

I enjoy coordinating meetings, there is no doubt about that. However, I realized as I was preparing for my last big meeting that it's on meeting days, about 30 minutes to an hour beforehand, that I tend to get more cardio in then I do on other days at the office. The reason why . . .Running back and forth from the meeting room to my office, and back, at least 20 times. The best part about all this running back and forth is that it's on meeting days that I make sure I'm wearing a nice pair of heels. So all my running back and forth is done in a pair of shoes that are not as comfortable as they could be.

The "Froggie-size Brangelina" hat for my favorite soon-to-be toddler (STBT) is done - at least the first one is.

I was at the store yesterday getting a cable needle (Yes, the tally for knitting related purchases in 2009 has begun) for the scarf I'm making to match. As I left the aisle that houses the array of knitting needles I glanced at one of the end-cap displays only to find the color yarn I really wanted to get when I was there earlier in the week (I swear they didn't have that color just a few days ago). How could I not get it!? The minute my eyes caught sight of it I knew the STBT's little face would light up with a huge grin when they opened the box. (What can I say!? I melt when I see this kiddo's face)

So, instead of just one hat and one scarf I will be making two of each. Not to worry! The first one knitted up really fast once I determined how many stitches I needed to decrease the pattern in order to make it toddler size.

I have to say the Brangelina hat is a big hit amongst my friends and family - and total strangers as well. I have never gotten so many compliments on a hat as I do when I wear my "B" hat. After I finish making these items for the STBT I will be making a "B" hat for one of my coworkers because they liked it so much as well. This is another one of the belated holiday gifts on my list to finish.

As I mentioned above, I got a cable needle last night. This is my first time attempting cables. Before I attempt to actually make the scarf I need to review the YouTube video I found on knitting cables. It looked easy, but I want to make sure I have it down correctly before I start down that road. And yes, YouTube is a great source for videos on most, if not all, knitting techniques.

The last thing on my mind right now is that the saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

How true! I have listed out all the packages I need to ship out as the result of either a swap or gifts for others not in my immediate area. My heart is in the right place, but my ability to get to the post office in a timely manner hasn't quiet caught up.

Until later . . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

my cardio is walking up and down the stairs with a squirming baby. :)
i'm the same way about mailing stuff out. when i actually do it, it gets lost. i may need to go another route with sending out baby gifts.
did i see your "b" hat yet?

Bookmark and Share