Pages

21.3.09

Steals, Deals and Just Plain Misses

Even those living under a rock realize that we're in the midst of an economic crisis at the moment - and if they don't that has to be some really deep rock.

After taking care of some moving things this morning I headed over to a local shopping mall to take in the nice weather and see if I could score some good deals. Simply put, I love when I can find a bargain on things I need, and want. We all do! I'm actually known for finding good deals. All my thrifty finds can be put into one of two categories:

* Steals: These people should be paying me to take it off their hands - wait, I think they are!

* Deals: Discounts are respectable, but not something I will be bragging about.

The category I will not be buying out of is the "Just Plain Misses" one.

* Just Plain Misses: Umm, yeah. . . You call that a discount!?


Today's finds were mostly in the "Steals" category with the exception of one thing. However, it was for the new place so getting a deal was fine by me. Actually, buying something for the new place reminded me of all the things I still need to get to replace some of the items I left behind during the last move. For instance, I've decided no person should live with just five place settings of flatware. Don't get me wrong, it's doable, but ten place settings is more convenient. I actually need to find out if C&B sells their current flatware sets open stock. Of the five flatware sets I have, one of them is missing a salad fork. Though this hasn't been a major problem yet, I would still like to make everything whole. Also, it appears some of my drinkings glasses have gone M.I.A. on me. Hmmm. . . maybe they are hanging out with the missing salad fork. I've also decided to get a coffee maker. Not only for my newly acquired taste for coffee, but it will be nice to have around for entertaining. Those are just a few of the things on my list. Since Linen 'N' Things is out of business I guess I'll just have to break out the B3 coupons I've been stashing away for sometime (I told you I'm a bargain hunter) and head on over there for some of my house ware items. I'll probably also be making a few runs to Home Goods and Targets. Ah yes, the never ending post-move errands to Home Depot, Target, and B3. Let the fun begin!

After a long day of running around, I finally got home and decided to take a walk. Now that the weather is nice I'm all about busting out my walkin' shoes and getting back into the groove of things. I've also gotten back to walking during the day at work. It feels so good to be back to walking. Once I get settled in the new place I have to reclaim my bike. A friend of mine has been kind enough to store it in their garage. Though this was suppose to be a temporary situation, it has been almost a year. I think it's time to move it out before I start getting charged rent. Also, after getting it tuned up I would actually like to use it. The other thing I'd like to do again is get back into running. I use to be an avid runner years ago, but fell out after one of my many moves. Last, but not least, the nice weather also made me realize that I can take my second jump now. OMG! I have to do it soon too. My pre-paid jump expires in June. Stay tuned for more information on that!

There is a lot more to share, I'm sure, but I believe this is where I'm going to end for this entry.

Until later. . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share