Pages

14.6.09

WWKiP Day

This time it wasn't snow and cold that we made our way through. . . It was steady rain. For me personally, the fact that all of my umbrellas were staying nice and dry in my office didn't even prevent me from venturing out. I was/we were still determined to meet up at the lo-cal we had agreed upon for this year's World Wide Knit in Public (WWKiP) day.

Originally, our intention was to drive up to a fiber festival somewhere outside of Madison, WI. However, between the predicted rain and the 3+ hour drive we changed our minds. Regardless, we were still participating in WWKiP day.

Despite the crappy weather, we had a lot of fun. I arrived at our meeting point early so I found a comfortable place to sit and worked on my project until the others arrived. Then we made our way over for some much needed caffeine and then to our intended destination.

As you can see, we took over the place. . .



Overall, it was a fun day. However, when I think about what it's called I laugh. For me every day is knit in public day. I've knit in bars, restaurants, movie theaters, cars . . . Well, you get the point. I don't need a day to specifically knit in public. Then I read this history of the event off the WWKiP web site.

After reading the history it now this makes a bit more sense to me. What I found most entertaining about the whole day was when non-knitters would pass by the room full of knitters and take a picture of us. As if we were part of the attractions at our location. Hey, maybe we were.

Regardless, I had a blast and met a lot of really nice people. A few of which admired my Sock Yarn Blankets (Yes, I meant blankets as in two not one) and offered to send me yarn for it if I gave them my mailing address. Wow! How nice! I happily gave them my information.

I hope all the knitters out there reading this had a fantastic WWKiP as well!
Until later. . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share