Pages

29.3.11

Skill Up + 1 #2KCBWDAY2 #2KCBW



Today's Topic: Look back over your last year of projects and compare where you are in terms of skill and knowledge of your craft to this time last year. Have you learned any new skills or forms of knitting/crochet (can you crochet cable stitches now where you didn’t even know such things existed last year? Have you recently put a foot in the tiled world of entrelac? Had you even picked up a pair of needles or crochet hook this time last year?.

I believe I spent a majority of 2010 working my my Sock Yarn Blankie. What can I say, mitered square were in! However, there were a few pairs of socks made here and there. In the process of making some of these socks I learned how make socks on circular needles and how to make two socks at one time. I also learned that if I really wanted, I could knit a pair of socks in one weekend. (I believe, however, that speaks more to my determination when I set a goal than it does any knitting abilities.)

Looking forward, some of the knitting skills I would like to tackle include:

• Toe-up Socks
• Magic Loop
• Make a sweater (I still have the yarn I bought for the February Lady Sweater somewhere around here)
• Entrelac
• Colorwork

Just to name a few things. I'm not sure I will get to all of these this year, but all in good time. :)

Until later . . .

1 comment:

Amanda said...

My to-do list and your to-do list look pretty similar!! I am going to try (fingers crossed) colorwork SOMETIME this year! I promise!

Bookmark and Share