Pages

6.3.11

Circa 2008

Three years ago I knit a pink and white baby blanket in anticipation of BFF's second child. I didn't know if she would be having a boy or a girl, but I wanted to believe it was going to be a girl - despite the fact my gut told me it was going to be a boy. Low-and-behold, it was a boy so I ended up having to regroup quickly. About a month after his arrival, I shipped off a beautiful blue and white blanket for Mi.

This past week, I mentioned that BFF had her third child - a baby girl. I also mentioned that I was not planning to make this little girl a blanket because I wanted to mix things up a bit and also wanted to get the gift to her before she went to college. However, what I failed to mention was my third reason for not making a blanket for this new arrival . . . .



I already had one! Yep, that's the baby blanket I made back in 2008 for BFF's second child. I always believed (hoped) they'd have a little girl some day. I'm so glad I kept it all these years. Normally, I would mention something like this however I know that BFF reads my blog. Mentioning it would have ruined the surprise.

It was fun pulling this blanket out. It brought back a lot of memories. More importantly I'm glad it's with its rightful owner.

Until later . . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks again. I love it! I'll take a picture of baby and blanket together soon. :)

Bookmark and Share