Pages

7.3.11

Smartass Socks

At the beginning of 2011 I posted the following to my facebook wall:

Pay it forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade by me to the first 5 people who leave a comment.

In turn, you are encouraged to post this and send something you've made to the first 5 people who comment on your status. The rules are that....it must be handmade by you and it must be delivered somet...ime in 2011. :-)


I got four responses. Amongst those four response was a request for a scarf or socks. Anyone who knits knows that both scarves and socks take quite a bit of time to make. They aren't quick projects. It is for that reason I found this request a bold one and was somewhat taken a back.

When I brought this up at knit group everyone there was taken a back as well. (Phew, it wasn't just me!) It was during this conversation that Murray provided me with the solution to this situation. She found a way that I could still make the requestee a pair of socks without having to devote hours on end to the project. This is the result of that suggestion:



See, what Murray pointed out to me is that the requestee requested a pair of socks. They didn't say what size socks... just that they wanted a pair of socks. Given this is a bit of a smartass what to look at it, I call them the Smartass Socks.



Since these obviously can't be worn I did add a little loop to the pair so the recipient could put it on their key ring or hang it somewhere. Personally speaking, I think they are super cute and I just may have to make a pair for my key ring.

Until later . . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

love the idea. super cute socks! they could fit my baby. lol!

Bookmark and Share