Pages

18.8.09

Just Add Another Six And. . .

Blankie would be in cahoots with the devil.

The Official Sock Yarn Blankie Square Count for August 18, 2009:

Squares Needed: 736


Squares Knit and Stitched Together: 66 (11 more square than last week.)

Squares Ready to be Added: 11

Remaining Squares Needed: LOTS! In real numbers 659


It's hard to believe I'm nearing 100 squares and I've only been working on this since May/June (I've lost track). I can't imagine a time when I'll be anywhere close to "the devil's blankie," but I know, eventually, that time will come and go in a flash. As mentioned before, I've spent some time working on the second blanket. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking promising to make it for this person. Then when I see the reaction of its recipient when I show them the progress I'm making I realize it's worth the extra effort. This will truly be a special gift for a special occasion.

I have to admit I've been using this blankie as an excuse not to knit anything else. Avoidance comes in many forms! I still haven't kissed and made up with the July socks, I have to dye another hank of yarn for BFF's birthday socks and design a pattern (though I do have one in mind). My friends who are expecting are getting closer and closer to having said babies and yet I have not started any baby blankets for them and I have been asked to knit a friend some scarfs for this upcoming winter.

Amongst all this, I have decided to run a mini-skein swap so 19 packages of yarn will be ascending upon my home in the next month and I will need to wind them all up into mini-skeins and send them out which means I think it might be time to get a swift and the icing on this cake is that Dish Rag Tag starts at the end of the month.

Oh yeah, I plan to have a life outside this all as well!

Until later . . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share