Pages

12.8.09

Technically Speaking

Last Friday afternoon I discovered some technical problems with my blog. At the time I discovered them I couldn't just sit down and figure out what was going on. So I had a choice - postpone my plans for that evening and try to work on it a bit after work or wait until I had time to properly geek-out. I chose option b - wait until I have time to properly geek-out. The only action I took was to take down the post that seem to start the problem. (I will re-post it. . . eventually.) When I was relaying all this to a friend this past weekend, they were happy to hear I had chosen option b. I think they were concerned I was too married to this blog, and my computer, that I would push aside social time. Ummm . . . NO!

Actually, this weekend was one of many I've had recently with minimal use of the computer, even when I was home. I think I touched it once or twice just to look up an address or two before I moved on to other things in my day. We are all so wired these days that it's easy to get sucked in to social networking, blogs, etc. without even knowing it. Thankfully, I've learned to walk the line enough that I can still enjoy my computer time without having to have it with me ALL the time. Yes, no withdrawal symptoms here. This is actually one of the main reasons I don't get an iPhone or Crackberry. I fear that I will feel the sudden need to check it every other minute as I did when I had a Sidekick a few years back. I will however admit when I misplaced my phone this particular weekend I did flirt with the idea of replacing it with an iPhone so I guess there is a part of me that is still interested. I guess only time will tell.

All that said, I've been too busy to even think about fixing things so that is still on my "to do" list. Also, I have a few other technical changes I've wanted/needed to address with this blog and now might be just the right time to look at those as well. I guess I'll get around to it when I get around to it.
.....................................................................................

A HUGE Thank You to MrsAych for the thoughtful RAK -



I love it all!!!

.....................................................................................

I was telling KP recently about my mom's sudden blessing to move out-of-state and how I'm still considering my options. However, KP has informed me that she doesn't think I will be leaving the area. Hmmm . . . That comment made me wonder if she had one of those nifty decoder rings I refer to periodically. If she does, I want to know where she got it!

Actually, I saw a commercial for a show coming this Fall on ABC called Flash Forward. It all starts with a 2-minute blackout where the main characters catch a glimpse of their future - for better; or worse. For some it brings hope. For others not so much. OMG! When I saw this commercial was was stoked! I can't wait to see this show. I love the concept and I think it will prove to have compelling story lines. Besides the anticipation of the story lines I think the idea itself makes an immediate point. There is no guarantee what the future will bring. I feel we trend to wish for such a gift when things in our life are unclear or not so great. However, such a glimpse may not be a "gift" after-all. I know I would have never imagined some of the things I've been through in my life and am glad that I didn't get a sneak preview because it probably would have made me even more stressed with just the anticipation.

........................................................................................

Not only did my coworker LOVE the Sweet Sixteen socks, the b-day girl LOVED them even more. Yay! I know whether or not she loved them or not was out of my control however I still was a bit worried as to whether or not the recipient would love them. It is the only downfall I can think of when it comes to knitting for others - I just want what I make to be something that makes them happy. Some would say I care too much, but I don't think so. Guess that's just who I am.

........................................................................................

It's Dish Rag Tag time people! Woot! Woot!

As it turns out, this year I am a team captain . . . I'm really looking forward to the race. I anticipate it will be an interesting ride. I can't wait to share it with everyone!

That's all for now.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share