Pages

3.8.09

Why Don't I Just Drag My Camera Along?

Often when I'm walking I will see something that makes me wish I had schlepped along my camera. The light will hit the trees in a particularly beautiful way or I'll catch an out-of-the-ordinary site (like a little kids shoe hanging from a tree branch). Yesterday morning was definitely one of "those moments." However, this time it wasn't a nature shot or a little kids shoe that had me wishing my camera with me - it was the horse that came up next to me as I made my way along the trail.

I can't say I was THAT surprised to see the horse cross my path, I had seen this in the past, but it's still not an everyday sight. I guess overall it made an everyday walk just a bit more unique and interesting.

..........................................................................................

I had an interesting conversation with Thistlechick this weekend. It was basically regarding about our outlook and approach to life. TC looks at life as a series of opportunities for entertainment. As she started to explain her outlook it got me thinking about my outlook on life.

For a long time I'd say my approach to life focused on following the path I thought I was "suppose" to take. However, inside I always knew I wanted it to be something different. I wanted to experience as much as life had to offer. Try different things and have new experiences. I did this for awhile and then stopped. Ok, maybe I wouldn't say I "stopped" per se. More like, took another path. In retrospect, I can honestly say I felt held back from my exploration during this part of my journey, but that wasn't my motivation for leaving that route.

Regarding of cause, I have since gotten off that path and am on a new one. One where it seems the skies-the-limit. Or, at least that is the way that I feel. In the blink of an eye I've been taken in several different directions all of which have been educational, exciting and helped me learn a lot about myself. Most importantly, it's shown me anything is possible.

..........................................................................................

Speaking of skies-the-limit. . .

In life, there are turning points where dreams turn into regrets. Though I have been able to keep my "regret list" to a minimum I do have a few regrets. One of them is based off a decision I made my Junior year in high school. Yes, it goes that far back. My decision to not do something closed a door I was very interested in walking through - instead I choose another one and that took me in a totally different direction.

Many years later, the door that I originally shunned has been reopened (sort of) and I'm really excited that this is the case. I don't know if it will lead anywhere or if this is just a short visit, but at least when I saw the door again I opened it this time.

I know I'm being vague, but since I'm a little nervous about what I'm about to do I'm not going to get into specifics - yet. When the time is right I will share!

..........................................................................................

I know it might seem like I don't knit anymore, but I do . . . Really!

Aside from the blankie, I've also been playing with dying. It's my new addiction! Nothing professional - totally amateurish, but oh so much fun! For awhile I was just dying mini-skeins for my blankie and to practice dying overall so I could be ready to dye the b-day sock. Then I was compelled to dye a full hank. Actually, what truly compelled me to dye the yarn was the fact I promised to make a pair of socks as BFF's b-day present. The result of this experiment was AMAZING! Completely random, but I love the results. I took a ton of pictures, but like my most of my July Project 365 pictures, and the others I've discussed on this blog, they are on a memory card right now. Well, except for one:



Maybe posting this will give me the incentive to start uploading the others. I do have to say, BFF will not be getting this colorway after all. It's not personal, however since this is my first I'm keeping it. :P The next is for you BFF - promise!

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share