Pages

29.9.09

Donating To The Cause

The Official Sock Yarn Blankie Square Count for September 29, 2009:

Squares Needed: 736


Squares Knit and Stitched Together: 134

Squares Ready to be Added: 2

Remaining Squares Needed: LOTS! In real numbers 600


Either my math was off last week (which is very possible)or scrap yarn just appeared out of nowhere, but when I counted everything last night I was surprised to be up to 136. Don't get me wrong - I'm not upset about this, just questioning where all this yarn is coming from. With that in mind, I do want to extend some thank yous for some more recent and past donations:

  • kittibean -> Thank you for the yarn you donated awhile back and for telling me you'd share a some of the yarn you're using for current project. (I seriously do think it's beautiful and didn't just compliment it because I wanted some of your scraps.)
  • KP -> Thank you for your continuous support of this project addiction.
  • KnittyGrittyKeri -> Thank you for all the large hanks for sock yarn. They are perfect for the future big squares to be added to Blankie.
  • NickyJo -> Thank you for thinking of me and making a donation to the cause!
  • Telephone - > Your contributions are most appreciate - especially I get a good chuckle out of the fact that you didn't think you'd enjoy making socks as much as you really do.


As I had hoped, blankie is now large enough to start keeping me warm during the chilly weather. One of these days I'll take another picture of it. I'm not sure when it got to this point, but it's nice to see progress on it. I noticed the other day it's starting to take up more and more room in its current carrying case. Crap Monkey! This means I have to figure out the next place it will be housed. Before I know it I'll have to get a separate bag just to carry this around.

I believe that is all for now. . .

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share