Pages

7.9.09

Summer's Last Hurrah

Even though the Autumnal Equinox doesn't take place until September 22, 2009 at 5:18 EDT, the end of Summer 2009 took place today. Or, at least that is how most I know view Labor Day. Kids are in school, it's no longer ok to where white (or at least according to some southerns), it's getting dark out earlier and earlier everyday and the temperatures are starting to lean towards the cooler side of the thermometer.

This weekend, like many, went by in the blink of an eye. Though I'm trying not to think of it, I know winter is right around the corner. All this got me thinking about Summer 2009. Where did it go? What did I do all summer? I know I was busy, and not only with knitting stuff and work, but I can't seem to quantify it with an actual list of events - just random memories here and there.

My "last hurrah" rounded-out things very nicely. Many laughs were exchanged and many memories made. I will never forget the gorgeous translucent pink moon I saw illuminate the skyline as drove into the city. Leafs are starting to coat the path I've walked time and time again over the past three months. And, how could one forget the shock of having a moth taking a nose-dive down their shirt while talking and hanging out around a warm fire with friends. (Yes, some of the laughs were a direct result of my reaction to the above event.)

Today I was torn on how to spend my time. First and foremost, I slept in. Then it was a question of do I get lost in another long walk, spend my day knitting and watching movies or get my ass out of the house and actually take advantage of the beautiful weather. I settled on a combination of all three options.

Like all things, summer must come to an end. When all said and done, I will look back on this past season with fondness. It was one filled with lots of memories and good times.

Happy Labor Day!

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share