Pages

28.6.10

Peace and Quiet

I'm literally sitting here in dead silences (ok, maybe not totally dead silence, but pretty close to it) feeling an overwhelmingly sense of peace and quiet.

It's a lot different than my day started. The morning best put was chaotic. I woke up to the blaring of my alarm- something I haven't done in ages! Made a pot of coffee that I had to dump-out (once again) because I was racing out the door. Of course, only to buy a small (and I mean very small) coffee about an hour and a half later. A cup of coffee which I ended up wear more of on my nice white top than I actually got to drink.

The day as a whole flew by and I was glad to make it home earlier than I had originally anticipated. Well, sorta home. Or, at the very least in the general physical area of home. I didn't actually enter "my home" until almost two hours ago.

When I finally "arrived home" tonight I had a treat waiting for me in my mailbox. Oh how I love it when I have something other than bills in there!!! With much anticipation I opened my package. Its contents made me laugh, tear up a bit and gave me an all around fuzzy feeling. (Yeah, I realize this is the point you think "Great! Here she goes again with all her sappy stuff.)" But, really, I couldn't have thought of a better way to "end" the day.

Well, expect for this. Sitting here in peace and quiet. Relaxing. Just taking in the simple things before life gets hectic and complicated . . . once again.

Until later . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i'm glad you had a nice evening and got a package you enjoyed.

Bookmark and Share