Pages

27.6.10

Socktacular Saturday (Sunday Edition): Summer Ambition Update

I can't believe I've left the whole month of June go by without a "Socktacular Saturday" post. It's not that I haven't thought about it - one thing or another has prevented me from writing them. So, here's hoping for a better July!

This month I've only made two pairs of socks. Well, almost two pairs - but I'll get to that.

First off, I made my first pair of Cookie A. socks. They were the BFF socks. I made them out of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock yarn in the colorway of Rainbow and call them my Rainbow Brite socks.



Don't you just LOVE 'EM!? I do!!! Oh, and check out the cables . . .




This sock was the first time I did any sort of real cable on a sock. Yeah, I've done left- and right- twist stitches on socks before, but in my humble opinion those are more for outlining than they are cables. This was a bit more difficult to knit while I was sitting in traffic because adding a cable needle into the mix while driving just scared me.

During the course of making this sock I had to learn to get creative with what I used for a cable needle at times. Making this sock also backed-up my sock knitting process a bit as well. At one point I left the project bag tehy were in, along with the socks, a local coffee shop a knit group I attend meets at. Due to scheduling conflicts I could not get my bag, and socks, back until the next meeting. That caused me to lose a week.

In theory, I was going to use my time to start on the second pair of socks - Twinkleberry by Beth LaPensee. My original inspiration for making this sock was this post by Peaches 'N Purls.

I originally found her project because she used the same yarn brand and type I was planning on using - Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine. Yes!!! I'm finally making Alpaca socks. I've been warned against it since Alpaca is VERY warm, but figured since it's a lace pattern. Or, as I describe it - socks with air conditioning. Thus far, I have one and 1/4 completed. I had to frog the first sock two a few times. I figure if I do nothing but work on these socks I can finish by Wednesday night. Which means they would officially be June socks.



Ok, this picture doesn't do the pattern justice, but for now it will have to do!


So, one month down and two pairs of socks completed. Maybe, hopefully, July will be a fruitful month for sock knitting.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share