Pages

11.6.10

Picture Perfect Fridays - Week One

A few weeks ago when I started making socks again I dusted-off my camera so I could take pictures of my creations. After shooting two or three pairs of socks I decided the subjects of my photos were becoming a "tad" limited.

Just around that time, I was sent a link to a weekly photo contest that would be taking place throughout the summer. It's kind of set-up in a scavenger hunt sort of fashion - here's a list things; now go take pictures of them.

After some consideration, I've decided to post the prior week's pictures on this blog each Friday. The photos below are from the first week.


American Flag

They didn't say what type of flag . . .



Cupcake

YUMMY! Minty goodness!



Umbrella

This is one of those shots that proves how far I will go to get a shot. It was taken at a retention pond just after it rained. Let's just say Y-U-C-K! It was wet and gross out there. If I could have come back on another day I would have. However, that was the only time I had to do it before the deadline. It wasn't exactly the shot I had envisioned when I choose the location as there was a huge pool of water prevented me from getting to my intended lo-cal, but I think it still turned out nicely.

Thank you S for lending me the umbrella! I love the "rainbow brite" feel and "pop" it has.



Sunset



Polka Dots

The challenge with this shot was how to shoot polka dots in an interesting and creative way. I didn't want it to be just a photo of polka dots. Personally, I think I succeeded.

Thanks to Banana for lending me her clothes. (Just as you asked, I didn't wear them.)



That's all - for now. This week's list is a bit more challenging to find let alone photograph in an interesting manner. So, it will be interesting to see how those pictures turn out!

Until later . . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you're doing photography again. All very creative. That cupcake looks yummy!

Bookmark and Share