Pages

28.7.09

It's Also A Head Cover

Blankie had a great growth spurt than last week. It finally surpassed 40 - woohoo! Amongst the new yarns that grace this project, I was special enough to get two unique colorway made by two special artists. The names of the colorways are "Fire" and "Sam Lost A Tooth." I LOVE both of them. I can't wait to see what other colors are created by these talented individuals.

As I had anticipated, I'm starting to collect stories behind the squares. When I showed my mom the blankie this weekend she started point out which were her socks. I've been trying to keep things in patches if multiple colorways are connected in so way. For instance, mom's socks, yarn used on my socks, yarn given to me by specific friends, etc. I fully anticipate to have 736 squares worth of stories once this project is completed.

With that in mind. . . .

The Official Sock Yarn Blankie Square Count for July 28, 2009:

Squares Needed: 736


Squares Knit and Stitched Together: 44 (5 more square than last week.)

Squares Ready to be Added: 1

Remaining Squares Needed: LOTS! In real numbers 691



I've decided the sock yarn blankie as progressed from a sock yarn laptop cover to a sock yarn head cover. I anticipate it will soon grow to be a sock yarn ottoman cover. It's almost as long as my ottoman and it's half the width. I'm participating in my first swap so in the next couple of weeks it will for sure grow greatly!

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share