Pages

14.7.09

Short and Sweet

Short and Sweet

This post is gonna be a short one. . .

This past week I discovered I was about 20 square off on my final count for the Sock Yarn Blankie. So instead of 716 squares I really need 736 squares to make it as long and wide as Shelly Kang's original blanket. However, I want to large enough to fit my bed which means I'm going to have to make mine bigger than hers which is, per her blog post - 53" X 72.5", or 134 X 184 cm (diamond point to diamond point.) I want mine to be 76" x 80". YIKES! This is why I refuse to measure it right now. I don't want to think about how much more I really have to go. Otherwise it won't be fun anymore. And yes, I now know what my retirement money will be spent on - scrap sock yarn!

With all that in mind, here is my Sock Blankie update . . .


The Official Sock Yarn Blankie Square Count for July 14, 2009:

Squares Needed: 736

Squares Knit and Stitched Together: 36 (8 more square than last week.)

Squares Ready to be Added: 0

Remaining Squares Needed: LOTS! In real numbers 700

I started the sock affectionately now known as the "Sweet Sixteen Socks" Sunday and am 3/4 done with the first one. I guess it helps that they are anklets. I'm really excited to see them turning out so well. It will just be a matter of time before they are completely finished.

Ok, so maybe this post isn't as "short and sweet" as I thought it would. However, that's all I have for now.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share