Pages

4.12.09

i-Knit

Aside from the blankie update, even I start to wonder if I actually knit anymore. Part of my reluctance to writing about what's on the needles and such is that I don't have any pictures and that is part of the fun of those posts. (I still haven't located my second card reader and won't buy a new one until I'm absolutely sure that I can't find it. Oh, and I can't find the cord that hooks-up to my camera either so retrieving pictures that way is out as well.)

So here goes nothing . . .

Fingerless Mitts:

I was literally outside just a matter of seconds and my fingers began to go numb. Overnight, temps have plummeted and winter has arrived with a vengeance. What does this mean for me? I need to get serious about making a pair of fingerless mitts.

I attempted about a month ago to make a pair from the Dead Blue yarn, but the pattern was poorly written. I still have the awesome purple, hand spun yarn Spinner made me that I think might have better fingerless mitt karma. Now I just need to find the right pattern!

February Lady Sweater:

The yarn was purchased and is all caked. I even have buttons - sorta. Now, I just need to swatch. It turns I just made this whole process harder for myself when I decided to purchase Alpaca for this project. I was warned that Alpaca grows immensely once washed and blocked. So, I will need to account for that and make appropriate accommodations. Crap Monkey! I have to admit that it has helped delay the start of this project.

In an effort to avoid extra work, I went onto the Rav group for the yarn manufacture I am using and reached out to those that have used the yarn to see how much it really grows because it is a 50/50 blend of Alpace and Merino. The first responses were to look-up who has made that sweater out of the yarn and ask them. Damn it! That takes extra effort. Ok, that's a task for another day!

Bottom line to all this is that I don't want to make a sweater that is going to be huge on me.

Socks:

I have what resembles a sock on the needles. A pedicure sock to be exact. It's my mom's b-day present. After I got the yarn color approved by her I casted-on. I decided to create a checker board pattern. The pattern and the yarn colors are awesome! I love them so much I may have to find a way to keep them for myself . . . Or, I guess I could make myself a pair - eventually.

I also have a sock for my niece on needles right now. She is excited about this! Yes, her cuteness wore me down over the Thanksgiving holiday and I told her I was making her a pair of socks. (Damn kids and their cuteness!)

BFF's birhtday socks haven't been forgotten either. I've discussed this with BFF so we're cool.

Yarn Dying:

Last but not least, I dyed yarn for a swap. It's so PRETTY! I mean love this yarn so much. (This is one thing I can add a picture for.) Below was my inspiration for the yarn my latest and great yarn dying adventure:


(As found on a web site by Bruce Buck)

The picture of the actual yarn will be up with the other pics in the near future!


After listing all this out (and these are only the things I can remember on the spot) I think I need to take a week in December and just lock myself in my place and finish all my outstanding projects so I can start the new year with a clean knitting slate. Now you can see why I tried to stay a monogamous knitter. I'm not one to cheat.

Since that's all I can remember for now, all that is left to say is that hopefully I will have pictures soon!

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share