Pages

6.12.09

Iowa


My first trip out to Indiana was around this time two years ago. I was with the ex and honestly I didn't want to go. However, I had many good reasons to make the trip. It was a very eye-opening visit which confirmed a lot of my beliefs about the area. Though this was the case, as I mentioned above I really didn't want to be out there so I was so happy when we finally made our way back to Iowa.

I didn't even consider going near the Indiana area until I had to pass through a little less than a year later for work. I was happy to just be passing by. I hadn't forgotten my first visit which still held very strong feelings. On my way back, I was happy to see the signs that showed I'd be in Iowa in no time.

This spring/summer I was in Indiana on a few occasions. This time I wasn't even thinking about the first visit. Wow! How things had changed. However, I still hearted the cornfields of Iowa more.

Tonight, I went to Indiana - again! This time I was excited. On my way home, my first visit floated in and out of my mind. I chuckled inside. Indiana didn't upset me anymore. Instead of getting an aching sensation about my initial intuition about Indiana as I had in the past, I smiled. And, to add to the humor of it all, I've kind of grown fond of Indiana and I'm getting to know the place more and more with each visit out there.

All this said, I was still happy to see the signs pointing to Iowa. Though it has blemishes of its own, it's a happy place. It's home.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share