Pages

9.3.10

Final Result - The Final Chapter!

(I swear!!!)

The Official Sock Yarn Blankie Square Count for March 9, 2010:

Squares Needed: 736



Squares Knit and Stitched Together: 520


Remaining Squares Needed: LOTS! In real numbers 216


The group I belong to on Rav for blankie swaps had some contests. The first was to see who could add the most square onto their blankie during the 2010 Olympic opening ceremonies. The second was to see who could add the most from the end of the opening ceremonies to the closing ceremonies. The third was a participation contest.

For the opening ceremonies contest I tied for third with 8 squares and 13 stitches. In the second one I didn't place. In the participation contest I guess a "close" number between 1 and 64.

My prize for the first contest come last night:



It consisted of minis, stitch markers and a Knitter's Survival Kit. I LOVED everything. The survival kit was AWESOME as well! It consisted of a stick of gum, a toothpick, a rubber band, a penny, confetti and frog stickers (yes, I admit this was the first thing my eye was drawn to when I opened up the package and saw the kit). The kit also had a description of why each item is necessary:




As for my "prizes" for the participation contest . . . I found out today that I will be receiving a hank of hand dyed yarn from one of my fellow blankie swappers AND a $5 gift certificate. A certificate to where exactly I am not sure. However I imagine there is some yarn goodness involved with it! I have to say, I am feeling very thankful for all the free yarn goodness that is coming my way and truly appreciate it.

Until later . . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

how appropriate that you'd get a frog sticker. :)
congrats!

Bookmark and Share