Pages

27.3.10

Socktacular Saturday (Double Dose): Skills

There are a few new sock knitting skills I need to learn.

First and foremost, mending holes. Apparently I love the Harry Potter socks enough to wear them all the time and this in turn as created one or two holes. On this particular pair I've just mended them in a half-ass way. You can totally tell that there are issues with them. Once when I was telling someone about this they said this type of stitching brings "character" to the sock. Ok, I can go with that logic. However, I'd like to limit that mindset as much as possible.

Where does that leave me? Well, that means I need to learn how to darn a sock. One of my friends once showed me how to do it, but honestly I am intimidated by the process. Remember, you're talking to the same person who can't remember the Kitchener stitch repetition - even if it was a matter of life or death.

When the time comes I will tackle this challenge, until that point I guess my socks will just have a lot of character.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share