Pages

13.3.10

Walkability

There is a web sites called "Walk Score" that will tell you how "walkable" your neighborhood is.

The mission of this site is: "The Walk Score mission is to promote walkable neighborhoods. We believe walkable neighborhoods are one of the simplest and most effective solutions to halt climate change, improve our health, and strengthen our communities."

"One of my favorite parts" of my neighborhood is its walkability. There are very few things you can't walk to in my hood. Coffee shops, restaurants, post office, library and transportation. There are even two (yes, two) yarn shops!

Today it was drizzling/raining. However, I needed to run to the post office. It had been awhile since I checked my PO Box and I feared it would be full. Even though it was wet it wasn't freezing cold so I walked. Aside from the fact that I really enjoy walking, it doesn't make sense for me not to walk - even in crappy, rainy weather.

It's exciting to think Spring and Summer are right around the corner. I will present even more chances to take advantage of the walkability this place has to offer.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share