Pages

6.3.10

Socktacular Saturday: Warm and Comfy

I made comment to the fact that I like knitted sock so much because of the hand-washing factor. Yes, not all have to be hand-washed, but that is my preference.

The whole conversation started because the blackhole that seems to exit in my home has been sucking up everything imaginable. In response, the person I was talking to mentioned that their home has a blackhole as well that likes pens, receipts and socks. (As we all know what I said next because as I've mentioned time and time and time again store bought socks get eaten-up by either my washing machine or dryer somehow.) So, this is when my whole, "if I make socks then I won't lose them" theory comes in.

Where this is all going is that the next comment made was that the idea of knitted socks sounds "warm and cozy." You know what folks? They are! My feet have never been as warm and comfortable as they have been since I started making socks. Each pair has their own feel to them. For instant, my Britney socks are like walking in clouds. The touch of the silk and wool mixed together is heavenly! The Banana Hannah socks are great for summer. You know, for a "cool" summer night. Harry Potter socks are my go to during really cold winter days and nights. And the sock club socks are so comfortable for just about any time.

Not everyone finds knitted socks warm and comfy. Some actually find wool to be itchy and uncomfortable. I'm just not one of those people and am glad that is the case. Though store bought socks do serve a purpose (I would never workout in knitted socks) once you've word a pair of knitted socks and fell in love with them, you can totally tell the difference.

And on that note, my feet are sockless at the moment and getting a bit chilly. I believe I need to go a pair of socks to put on.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share