Pages

12.11.09

Wee-Tiny Sock

The first time I did it I was at Hobby Lobby. The second time JoAnn's. The third, Target.

The realization that December was just around the corner occurred back in July/August when I walked into Hobby Lobby and was greeted by their massive ornaments section. Goodness, we were barely done with the the 4th of July and Halloween and Thanksgiving didn't even gets their chance to shine yet. However, my annoyance passed through me fairly quickly and before I knew it I was walking up an down the aisles of ornaments looking at each and everyone of them very carefully. Looking for just the perfect one. I must have been there for 10 to 15 minutes. Then it hit me - there was no need to find the perfect one.

(Yes, I'm Jewish; and no, I did not need to purchase a Christmas tree ornament.)


I think I was there for yarn. That's the only reason I go there a majority of the time. I had my 40% off coupon, but nothing was screaming "buy me" and I didn't have any projects queued. So, I left the yarn department and made my way around the rest of the store. Knitting isn't my only crafting interest - just my primary one. Eventually, I was looking at ornaments. I'm a dork when it comes to ornaments. I always have to look for the frog ones. Sometimes I walk the ornament aisles several times and find several that I just love. Then it hit me - I had no business hanging out in this area of the store.

(Yes, I'm Jewish; and no, I did not need to purchase a Christmas tree ornament.)

I don't even know why I bothered with Target when it came to ornaments. Seriously folks, I LOVE Target. If you're looking for holiday wrapping paper, boxes, bags, etc. Target is a great place to go (especially during their after Christmas sale where everything is dirt cheap), but their ornament section is . . . well . . . really bad. I didn't spend much time there. Which was good because I didn't need to be there.

(Yes, I'm Jewish; and no, I did not need to purchase a Christmas tree ornament.)

As I walked away I told myself, if I had needed an ornament I wouldn't have purchased one anyhow - a knitted wee-tiny sock ornament would have been perfect.

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share