Pages

30.11.09

Froggie v.34.0



Well folks, "Froggie v.34.0" has been released.

I can already recommend some bugs that need tweaking. In all honesty, it seems like just another day - aside from family, friends and acquaintances plastering my Facebook wall with birthday wishes. I have to say I'm truly overwhelmed with all those that have posted this year. Not at all like last year. Usually, my birthday is a blip on the radar somewhere after Thanksgiving. That said, all the birthday wishes are greatly appreciated!

Here's the birthday run down thus far:

I had a lovely birthday brunch at a friend's house yesterday where her kids showered me with lots of hand-drawn cards. The menu consisted of: chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate shavings (YUM!), hash browns and bacon cooked just the way I like 'em - CRISPY!

Saturday I was thoroughly embarrassed at a friend's party when she decided to stop the festivities and have everyone sing to me. YYEEEAAHH! I think if these people were my friends too I would have been more cool with it (or if there had been a cake too - when a dessert is involved I'm down for hearing Happy Birthday sung to me), but in this particular situation I wasn't so cool with it. She meant well, so it is what it is. I have a good story, right!?

Today, has been a chill day - for the most part. Just another day. Not thinking, too much, about my stupid parking ticket or of other things going on. Or, at least trying not too.

I received some very nice gifts. And, yes, I got sock yarn. I laughed at the box BFF's present came in. It was a Spider Man shoe box. It reminded me of the time my grandparents sent me a stuffed animal in a box with a picture of a telephone on it. The irony of this situation was that I had been BEGGING my parents for a phone for my room prior to the box arriving. You can imagine my disappointment when I pulled out a stuffed Alligator instead of a telephone. This time I can't say I was upset about not seeing Spider Man shoes, but my nephew LOVES Spider Man so I think I know what box I will be using for his bday gift. (I hope he's not disappointed! Maybe that is not such a good idea after all.)

At the end of the day, I guess what is most important about today is that I've grown - in positives ways - from the year prior.

Oh, and it has not snowed thus far so I believe I can add 2009 to the list of birthdays it hasn't snowed.

The last thing I will say, in this post at least, is . . . 365 days until Blankie needs to be done. Let the fun begin!!!

Until later . . .

No comments:

Bookmark and Share