Pages

10.10.08

"Fist Bump"

I have the cutest and most adorable niece and nephew in the world! Yes, I'm completely bias, I have no trouble admitting it. If you met them I think you'd agree they're amazingly adorable. I'm dedicating this post to them by titling it "Fist Bump," a.k.a. - "pound." Why "Fist Bump" you wonder. . . Mainly because that is my nephew's new way of greeting me and saying goodbye to me. Hugs and kisses are out, fist bumps are in!

I have a knitting deadline - the first deadline I've had in a long time that was just a day or two after it was set. For weeks now I've been putting off sending my older niece what I fondly call "the test hat" for my great nephew so I'd know what size to make the remaining hats. Well, as it turns out, my middle brother and sil are going to visit my her and great nephew soon. How perfect! I figured I'll just ask them to take them with. However, that means I have to start and finish at least two hats within 24 hours - I have to have them for this weekend when I go to my family reunion. Possible? Yes. Pushing it a bit? Absolutely. I will do my best though.

Yarn dyeing did not go as well as I had hoped unfortunately, but I'm not really upset. I will learn and one day I'll be dyeing yarn left and right. Today I did discover that one yarn manufacture is getting political as they have created sock yarn representing all the women in the 2008 Presidential Election. Yes, you read that right! Schaefer Yarn is asking knitters to "Sock the Vote" in 2008. In viewing the colorways I feel they are very fitting for the individuals they represent. I know exactly which colorway I want - now I just have to find it and order it.

I'm cutting this entry short as my eye lids are weighing heavier and heavier by the minute.

Until later . . . Ta! Ta!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share