Pages

20.10.08

"We Don't Own The Edison Company"

LOL! Just reading the title line makes me laugh. When I was a child my father would say this to me all the time because I would leave my room and not turn off the light. If I had a dollar for each time he said that to me I would have been rich - seriously!


This weekend went by in a flash, again. I was more productive vs prior weekends. I got some projects done around the house that have been lingering. This included organizing my yarn stash. Most of the knitters I know say my stash is nothing. Compared to theirs they are correct. However, for me it is a lot. There are those with container after container after container of yarn. (These are the people you see the day after Christmas at Target hoarding all the storage containers that are on sale. No, they do not have THAT many ornaments; it is really for all their yarn.) Others "store" (more like hide) it in a closet - several of them to be exact. Most interesting place I have heard of someone storing yarn is in a liquor cabinet. Here's a look at my stash:

This Is My Yarn Stash

My Brangelina Hat is finished. It is a quick knit! Just as warm and cozy as my friend's hat. Since one cannot have too many hats I will definitely be making another soon.




Yarn was not the only thing that got cleaned out and organized this weekend. My car did as well. Yep, it was my semi-annual car cleaning. It was nice to rid of all the extra crap that was piling up. It was exciting to find all the shoes I have been missing. The DVD of my first jump was amongst the "other stuff" I found while cleaning out the car. People have a hard time believing I have not watched it yet. I got it so I could mark the event, but it is not something I am running to watch. I am weird about watching myself on a recording. Maybe after I stop jumping then I will - as a reminder of how much fun it is. Until then, I can experience it firsthand.

I am happy to report that the Bears played really well yesterday and won over the Vikings 48- 41. There were some beautiful plays on the Bears part. The point spread was a little too close for my liking (especially since they lost the week before to the Falcons at the very end of the game). A friend of mine was in from out-of-town so we got some eats at a sports bar nearby and watched the game. Recently I realized how much I enjoy watching football. In college if the Frogs were at home there was no question whether or not I would be at the game. I don't know why my interest faded for a few years there.

Kathy G Report


Last week I said I would talk more about Kathy Griffin's show that I saw Tuesday night so here it goes: Best stand-up show I've ever seen. It was even better than watching "My Life on the D List." (Which I find hilarious!) I do have to add that getting to sit main floor, center and close enough to actually be able to make out her face, vs just a speck of a person, was well worth stalking the Ticket Master website just before tickets went on sale. There were parts of the show here and there that were a bit slow, but it did not phase me at all. Her take on Sarah Palin was classic. Her rant about the whole election was great as well. Overall, it was worth every dime spent - and then more.

The next day I, along with millions of others, saw another stand-up comedy routine known as the presidential debate. Unfortunately, I did not find it as funny and ended-up turning it off 30 minutes into the show.

I have had some interesting conversations with others about the election. Many I know are scared about our choices. They truly feel more than ever that it is not a matter of whom is best suited for the position, but more like whom is the lesser of the two evils. We have a lot of serious issues facing our country - I do not envy whomever wins.

That's all I have time for tonight. Until later. . . Ciao!

1 comment:

jess. said...

I envy you and your stash organization. I'm one of those with containers....

Bookmark and Share